Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy May Day

I wanted to put up some pictures of the weekly progress. This week, the potatoes came up, we bought a bunch of clay pots to transplant some seedlings, and we planted a blue potato (which I'm fascinated by for some reason). We also made some progress on the addition to the garden. Oh, yeah! The Baby Girl tomato that I planted on February 4th flowered!



Baby Girl cherry tomato flowering. I've been keeping it in the window, and what do you know...plants like the light! Hmmm.


















Mixture of tomatoes and peppers in the window. The plants that sit directly on the sills seem to do better than the others. I wish I had more windows and certainly more south facing windows.













The carrots have that fluffy little tuft now:)















All of our new pots and Michin guarding them furtively.











Potatoes have come up. I've never done potatoes before, nor do I think I have ever eaten garden-fresh ones, so I'm intrigued to watch this experiment.


















(Left) peppers one month ago. (Below) peppers today. Yea for their awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment