Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring Break




Even though we have done some garden preparation before today, today I really felt like planting time is coming. Darren dug up Garden #1 two weeks ago, and I dug up the unfrozen parts of Garden #2 on March 16th, but today I smoothed out and got one of the beds in Garden #2 ready for planting. It's time to plant some peas, but the weather isn't going to be all that great at night, so I decided to wait.
Current Expected Night Temperatures
  • 3/26- 32 degrees
  • 3/27- 28 degrees
  • 3/28- 32 degrees
  • 3/29- 38 degrees
  • 3/30- 42 degrees
  • 3/31- 42 degrees
  • 4/1- 38 degrees
  • 4/2- 36 degrees
  • 4/3- 35 degrees
The daily highs are expected to be 46-70 degrees (average daily of 61), so the ground will not freeze. I'm not worried about that, but I don't want to shock my little seedlings. I plan to plant peas, carrots, potatoes, and some lettuce in Garden #2 by April 1st, but this will take a lot of work and some help from Darren. I started transplanting the grass on the south side so we can extend Garden #2, but it was a tiny little patch I dug up and transplanted, and it took me forever. It was hard to bend down over my pregnant belly, so I may have to wait for Darren's help to begin tackling this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment